The opening round of The Invincibles 2020 Matchplay Championships will be hosted by the spectacularly presented Noosa Springs Golf and Spa Resort, Sunday the 21st of June from 8.00am, whilst under the strict Covid-19 guidelines that are set in place by the host club. The Tour is requesting that all 32 contestants arrive……
At 7.00am to warm up, where the following strict guidelines and conditions will be set in place.
For those lucky enough to qualify: Please confirm your place in the field and that you have read the conditions of play via firstname.lastname@example.org?
Players will be split into two groups of sixteen that will incorporate Division 1 Boys and Girls Open on the driving range from 7.00am (2 metres apart) and rotating with the division 2 and 3 Boys who will begin on the putting and pitching areas from 7.00am whilst also keeping the regulated social distance.
Anyone breeching the directions from the Noosa Springs staff or The Invincibles committee will be automatically withdrawn from the championship!
Caddies are permitted, but wherever possible we would prefer no caddies for the senior contestants!
Galleries are permitted as long as they keep at least 1.5 metres apart, and preferably down the fairways as spotters!
Flagsticks are not to be used.
Rakes will be removed from bunkers and preferred lies will apply (within the bunker).
When your match is over, advise the organisers of your results and then you’re free to head home.
Conditions Of Play In conjunction with the rules of golf, will apply during The Invincibles Matchplay Championships for 2020.
1. This is an invitation only event.
2. Competition for both girls and boys
3. Qualifiers must have an up to date AGU handicap.
4. Qualifiers must be 17 years of age or under on the first day of play in this Tournament.
5. The Tournament will be over three match-play rounds for both girls and boys, and you must be able to commit to all three rounds
6. Protests or disputes must be made in writing within 15 minutes of completion of round.
7. The official’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. All players must adhere to the following dress codes: GIRLS: Clean pressed shorts, skirts, slacks, pressed polo shirts, clean shoes, and caps. BOYS: “Clean pressed long pants” clean pressed polo shirts, clean shoes, and cap.
9. All players must abide by the rules and etiquette of the game of golf.
10. All players must keep up with the pace of play. First offence for dropping more than one hole behind the group in front will be a time warning; second offence will lead to a one stroke penalty. Third offence will cause withdrawal from the day’s play.
11. All players must be helpful and treat all officials and volunteers helping run the event with respect.
12. All players should make themselves familiar with the local rules of the host club.
13. Parents / Supporters must not coach, enforce rules, mark the player’s card, or make any adverse comment on another player’s game or performance.
14. No player can smoke cigarettes, consume alcohol, or take illegal drugs of any description within the clubhouse or course proper. (Penalty of automatic disqualification.)
15. Mobile phones must be turned off prior to the commencement of play and remain off until the completion of play.
16. Rangefinders are permitted to be used.
17. All rubbish must be disposed of in the appropriate receptacles around the course.
18. Any serious breaches of these conditions will be reported back to the player’s home club for any further disciplinary action that they may deem appropriate.